christopher j. mueller,
Chris is an ace at complex cases, able to see solutions to messy legal issues that others often miss.
Chris Mueller spends his day representing clients in legal matters related to trusts and estates, real estate, business law, tax planning, and general/commercial litigation. He represents clients in complex litigation but also helps businesses and individuals plan wisely for the future. As a registered civil mediator sharing Brian Hewitt’s passion for mediation, Chris relishes the opportunity to settle cases to the satisfaction of everyone involved.
Chris brings an innate curiosity to every case he tackles. He has earned multiple degrees in different fields, including chemistry and music—he has a scientist’s love of rigorous process and an artist’s ability to find creative solutions. This dual perspective serves his clients well, as the cases he handles are often multifaceted and require not just deep knowledge of multiple legal areas, but also an ability to see hidden connections and solve problems in unexpected ways.
Chris is a native of Cedarburg, Wisconsin, who moved to Indianapolis after he met his wife, Laura. They and their son enjoy hiking, biking, and cooking; Chris particularly loves long, involved cooking projects that require managing multiple processes at once. (No surprise there.) He and his wife are enthusiastic supporters of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, and Chris also serves as chair of the Advisory Board of Indiana YMCA Youth and Government.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Graduate Certificate in Advocacy Skills, 2015
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, Graduate Certificate in Public Health, 2011
- Valparaiso University, B.S., Chemistry, magna cum laude, 2010
- Valparaiso University, B.A., Music, magna cum laude, 2010
+ Awards and Affiliations
- Registered Civil Mediator
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Social Committee, 2017
- Indiana State Guardianship Association
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court
- 2015 Michael J. Sacopulos Tax Award
- Resident Excellence Award (full tuition academic scholarship)
- Indiana Law Review, Vols. 47 and 48, Blog Editing Chair
- Order of the Barristers, Honorable Robert H. Staton Moot Court Competition, 2014
- 2014–15 Outstanding Clinic Student of the Year Award
- Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence
+ Practice Areas
- Estate, trust, and guardianship administration and litigation
- Estate, trust, and tax planning
- Real estate, business law, and commercial litigation
- General civil litigation
- Civil mediation
Reach Chris directly by dialing 317.922.2850.