Michele makes your small business her business.
After spending more than a decade at large law firms representing multi-million-dollar corporations, Michele joined Hewitt Law & Mediation to focus on the variety of issues faced by entrepreneurs and small businesses. She represents clients in the dynamic mix of real-world issues that need to be solved quickly and efficiently.
Michele is a meticulous advocate that never shrinks from a challenge. Raised in a modest home, Michele learned the value of hard work, which served her well as she worked full-time while attending law school at Georgetown, graduating with honors. She brings that steely determination to each case. For Michele, success is measured by making a difference for her clients before and after litigation commences.
Michele’s investment in the future of Indiana extends beyond the business community to nonprofits focused on improving the lives of children. She’s served as a court-appointed special advocate for Child Advocates, guardian ad litem for Kids’ Voice of Indiana, mentor for the Starfish Initiative, and board member of several additional organizations.
Michele is a native of San Antonio, Texas, who first came to Indiana as an undergraduate student at DePauw. She and daughter Izzy enjoy exploring nature—a passion for Michele, who was featured in a documentary short, “Live Adventurously” about women and the great outdoors.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- DePauw University, B.A., 1999
+ Awards and Affiliations
- Registered Civil Mediator
- Super Lawyer (2018-2019) and Rising Star (2012-2016), Indiana Super Lawyers
- Leadership Development Academy Class V, Indiana State Bar Association
- Indy’s Best and Brightest Finalist–Law, Junior Achievement of Central Indiana
- Community Service Award, Indiana State Bar Association
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Indiana Lawyer, Leadership in Law Awards
- Past Chair, Diversity Job Fair, Indianapolis Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
+ Practice Areas
- Estate, trust, and guardianship administration and litigation
- Business and civil litigation
Reach Michele directly by dialing 317.922.2842.